Saturday, May 2, 2009

What you can HEAR when your sick


Ive been sick for the past couple of days.. And not the PRETTY sick either.. LOL.. That means Ive been confined to my room, fevering, coughing and suffering ALL by myself. That's right no one wanted to even stop by my room and see how SICK MOM was doing. When I needed something it took all my strength to get someone to hear me. Yes I even started pounding on the wall.
While I was laying in bed, I could hear every conversation in the house. And let me tell you WOW I should sit in my room in silence more often. You learn a lot about your family when no one knows your listening. Here are some things I learned about my family while listening to them.
1. My husband CAN run the house from the couch.. And that even means turn the channel without a remote.
2. My older sons are NOT wrestling nicely with my baby boy Teki, and the crying he makes from the room is NOT self inflicted.
3. My daughter Iman is a big BULLY.
4. My daughter Lelu does NOT let Iman BULLY her around.
5. My oldest son David laughs and has cute comments after EVERY single thing we say to him.
6. My second oldest son Amone really isn't listening to a thing we say.
7. My third oldest son Sione really doesn't like to clean as much as I thought. (should of guessed that one)
8. My family watches way tooooooo much TV.
9. My kids DON'T hate each other as much as I thought they did.
10.My kids DON'T like their parents as much as I thought they did. (should of guessed that one to)
11.My husband has NO clue:
a. How many times the babies need to eat
b. How many times the babies need a diaper change
c. How many times the 4 older kids eat (yes honey they eat right after school)
d. Where the kids need to be and what time (and yes honey they all need to attend their
activities)
e. That I am THIS busy EVERYDAY (no honey I dont clock out at 3pm)
This just confirms what I've been telling my husband for a while, "He better pray I stay alive longer then him, because he has no CLUE what my or his kids daily schedule is". And he has the nerve to ask me everyday why? 5am or 10pm is the only time in the day I can go to the gym..
That was just some of the things I learned, but the most important thing I learned was
I DON'T KNOW MY KIDS AS WELL AS I THOUGHT I DID..
Its funny I thought I knew them but I don't... Sure I know the basics of each of my children, but I want to know them the real them.. I want to know the struggles they go through at school at church and even at home. I guess what I'm trying to say is my new goal is to REALLY get to know my children before its to late.. I mean shouldn't that be the GOAL of every MOM? So wish me luck, I'm sure Ill need it....

2 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

I WISH U THE BEST OF LUCK!!! WITH THAT GOAL I THINK ITS A GOAL EVERY MOTHER STRIVES FOR!!! IM SURE UR CLOSER THEN U THINK!!! BUT WHEN MOMS NOT DOIN WELL THE FAM IS NOT DOIN TOO WELL EITHER

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were really on some great medication...Some strong TheraFlu?....well, hope your getting better...and that getting to know your kids...gets better...Ofa sis...