Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day weekend




I know I'm a little late, better late then never.. LOL
My mothers day was great, it was very relaxing and as stress free as it could get. I woke up to roses and cards from all my kids, and their dad. I liked it. I went to Brunch with my sisters @ Marie Calenders if you have not been their for their mothers day brunch you should check it out next year.. I recommend it to everyone. After that I went to church with my family, after church it was off to the cemetery to spend some time with MY mother who passed away Feb '99.. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and our relationship.. I can still remember everything about her, her expressions, her habits, her talents (which I didn't inherit), her likes, her dislikes, her willingness to help people, her stories of "When I was young". Every time I think of her I cant help but smile. I wish my kids would of known her, they would of loved Grandma. I see a lot of her in my kids, and when they do stuff that reminds me of her I laugh and cry a little. I've told countless stories of her to my children they love em. I know she is watching us from above, and enjoying all the headaches my kids give me.. She is probably in some way, shape or form, egging them on to GIVE IT to me. I LOVE MY MOM and MISS HER DEARLY..
After a couple hours of hanging out at the cemetery my husband took us all to dinner.. I love Mothers Day.. I'm going to start a petition to have it a MOTHERS DAY WEEK.. Any takers?

4 comments:

Line'sLucky3 said...

I had a co worker who use to say "If you can't appreciate your mother everyday, then you have no business celebrating it once a year." She was right. You should celebrate your mom every day. Nice tribute to your mom.

Sinai said...

You're mom was a great lady Loyann!!! She was always so kind to me!!! Beautiful lady too!!! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. I like your idea too!

IONGI FAMILY said...

ID HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE MOTHERS DAY WEEK!!! IM IN!!! I REMEMBER UR MOM AND SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL LADY!!U REMIND ME OF UR MOM!!! LOVE U!!!

Nau Willis said...

Im ALL for mothers day week!!!