Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From the mouths of babes.. (a 12 yr old one)


Mom "You better stop playing around in English, or I am going to put you ESL"
Son "Whats ESL"
Mom "English Second Language"
Son "What does that mean?"
Mom "It means you don't understand English"
Son "I don't get it how does ESL mean you don't understand English"
Mom "Its for people who speak a different language and English is their second language"
Son "So instead of telling people I don't understand them I should just say ESL"
Mom "No its the name of the class"
Son "What class"
Mom "The class I'm going to tell them to put you in if you don't stop playing around in English"
Son "What does ESL have to do with English"
Older son "How much more proof do you need put him in it already....."
Son "You two are crazy, making up words and stuff"
Older son "What word did we make up"
Son "ESL no body says that word"
Older son "Mom can I hit him"
Mom "No I'm going to"

5 comments:

Line'sLucky3 said...

Bwwaaaahhh...too funny...did you hit him? LOL

The NyDegger's said...

OMG laughing my mui(sorry) off!! Your kids are to funny, and at the same time there questions are pretty valid, heck I didn't know what ESL was and that was what freekin decades ago, and now a days they are on a whole other level!! Love you & your beautiful family, and I will let my parents know!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my freakin heck! Laughed for days. I will probably print this out and hang it up on my wall so I can read it when I'm feeling blue! lol. So great!!!!

Anonymous said...

E.S.L......means F.O.B for those who have a difficult time in English but seem to act like total FOB's. Ok?....

Nau Willis said...

haa haa!!!!