Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm so glad when DADDY comes home...




Yesterday my daughter Iman kept asking me to use the phone, I asked who do you want to call? She kept telling me DADDDY OK DADDY..
I dialed the number for her and waited to hear him answer then I handed her the phone, she starts talking up a storm and then I hear GUMMOO daddy k GUMMOO.. K bye.. Then she hangs up and looks at me and says "Want GUMMOO mommy wait k daddy GUMMOO k daddy GUMMOO k.. I looked at her and just laughed, she then looked out the window and there she stayed until her DAD showed up.. Luckily he was on his way home already.. LOL..
When he got out of the car he waved 4 laffy taffy at her and she jumped off the couch and yelled "GUMMOO"..
Watching her wait for her daddy made me laugh it reminded me of when I was young and waiting for my dad to come home, it was the highlight of my day. Me (and all of my brothers and sisters) use to run while yelling throughout the house DADDYS HOME, and then we would race to see who could get to him first. It use to make my mom mad because of the noise we would make trying to get to him, because you see we couldnt go outside to play until he got home.. I guess the saying is true "History repeats itself"..
Know I'm off to enjoy my GUMMOO... Just incase you wondered what the Tongan translation for Laffy Taffy is.. There you have it GUMMOO... LOL..

3 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

thats so cute!!! I like ur mom am pretty jealous because their reaction to when daddy comes home is the same loud and excited and fighting to kiss him first lol what a lil cutie

Anonymous said...

That is too funny...(police)...good memories...yup,mom always got mad at all that noise we made..when dad got home...ofcourse, only if your not that kid who wasn't in trouble...then it was ouch!!!daddy's home....yup, good memories.

Feki Pouha said...

Thank you for getting in touch with me...there's not a lot of Po'uha's here in Hawai'i.