Tuesday, April 7, 2009

WHY?????

Phone call... "Mom can you come get me I've been suspended"
Mom... "Why did you get suspended?"
Caller..."Because I got into a fight (caller starts crying)"
Mom... "Why did you fight? Where they hitting you?"
Caller... "No"
Mom... "Did they say something to you"
Caller..."No"
Mom..."I'm sorry why did you fight"
Caller..."Because"
Mom..."Because why, help me here child I'm trying to calm down before I get to the school"
Caller..."Just cuz I wanted to fight"
How does one react to a conversation like that? Every part of me was wanting to get to that school and find out what the heck is going on..
So I get to the school and speak with the Vice Principal and she goes into full detail of the fight and reads me MY child's statement.. Where he says that HE went up to the kid and asks to fight and the other kid says NO and he starts swinging anyway.. What the heck? I'm fuming as I look across the room to my child who is still sitting there with the JUST CUZ look on his face. I asked my son what was going on he comes up with some excuse about how they are talking about this and that.. Oh by the way this is his 3rd version that he has about the fight. So of course I don't believe any of them..
WHY?
Why at the teenage age do they think they can take on the world and why do they start trouble when they should of just went to class.. Why cant they just know they are going to get into trouble and walk away? Why cant the Vice Principal leave you alone with your child when you get there? (that's when the anger part of me has hit the roof) WHY WHY WHY do they think JUST CUZ is an answer?
I pray the Lord blesses my son Amone to get through these next 7 days for they will be the longest 7 days of his life... I pray the Lord helps me find more things for him to do? I pray the Lord blesses him with the knowledge to sort the laundry? I pray the Lord gives him the knowledge to scrub the bathroom, and the rooms and the kitchen. I pray the Lord gives him the strength to move all the stuff from the backyard to the dumpster that will NOW be delivered on Thursday. I pray the Lord blesses him with the knowledge of babysitting while his mother is out coupon shopping. My final prayer is for the Lord to bless my son that after this week he will learn that he has so much to give and it can all be taken away so quickly.. He really is a nice boy but lately has been going through something, I hope he snaps out of it, before his next fight is with ME..LOL.. Lord help me get through the teenage years..

4 comments:

Sinai said...

Loyann --
I love how you blog. Thanks for sharing your experiences...it's tough being a parent to teenagers. Like you said, sometimes they act like they can rule the whole world. Well, we made it and I'm sure Amone will too. Hang in there!!! Love you sis!

Anonymous said...

Loyann, your post's are always great.

Can I have Amone for 1 day of chores please?! lol. Kidding... I hope everything goes well for you and him. If you need a break, I'm just down the street.

Luana said...

I am STILL laughing at how you explained this story to me!!!!!!
Okay, day 2 and how is Mone??? lol
I Pray that the Lord blesses mommy with arthritis for 5 more days until Ami can return to normal adolescence.......lol
Sometimes its the lesson AFTER the mistake that changes them. So hang in there Loyann. Love ya girl!!!

Feki Pouha said...

Like dad says: "We believe in the laying on of hands by those who have the authority..."

Ofa atu