Friday, April 17, 2009

Cycling... An hour straight from the devil

I have been trying to get healthy, I have high blood pressure so I've been going to the gym. I was up to 3 miles on the elliptical and just so you know I use to get to a half a mile and then I would come home and sleep, yes everyone I was that out of shape.. LOL.. Anyway I've been switching up my workout routine because it was very boring my sister and I decided to attend the different types of classes that the gym offers. I've tried Zumba at the West Valley Rec and finally talked my sister into trying it with me at Golds Gym, per my previous post I didn't make it to Mondays class, so I finally made it to Wednesday nights class, and wow did we have fun, I of course was so off beat but I didn't care, I figured hey I'm getting into shape right? who cares what everyone else thinks.. Yesterday we decided to go in and try Cycling..... We had heard from a lot of people that Cycling was the class to loose weight in.. Let me tell you oh my gosh I have never sweat ed this bad before in my life (and I have had 6 kids natural birth) this was the worse. I didn't even keep up with the class and I could hardly breathe I kept looking at clock wondering when is this going to be over.. The class itself is a pusher the instructor makes you want to go faster and faster on the bike and for some reason you talk yourself into thinking that you can so you start to peddle harder, then harder, then you realize at any moment you are going to faint.. I could not believe how hard riding on a bike is, they have dials that you turn on the bike to make it harder and WOW is all I have to say.. I see how everyone is loosing weight because of it, it's a keeper and I'm going to definitely include it a couple of times a week in my workout schedule.. OK the reason I thought it was an hour from the devil... Let me let you in on something, the seats on the bike are not the business.. Maybe if your 100 lbs or less but any other size it is not the business.. So I'm going go and buy me a cushioned seat from the store $10.00 and use it until I'm under 100 lbs (hey I can dream right)... So my advice to all is to take a BIG towel when you go cycling and get yourself a cushioned seat...

2 comments:

Sinai said...

This is awesome Loyann! Keep it up!Haven't tried cycling yet, but its on my list!!! Great attitude!! And you are right, who cares what others think!

IONGI FAMILY said...

ITS KILLER U WILL FEEL THE PAIN THE REST OF THE WEEK TO COME LOL MY HUBBY WENT TO THE CLASS TOGETHER AND WELL I THINK NO MATTER HOW MUCH CUSHION UR MUI IS STILL GONNA HURT BECAUSE I FIGURED HECK I HAVE ENOUGH CUSHION LOL YEAH RITE YOU GO GIRL!!!