Saturday, March 14, 2009

My husband the coach.. NOT..

Today started out like a normal Saturday for the Finau family.. We got up started getting ready for the YM basketball tournament happening at our Stake Center, Jr went ahead of me I needed to go to Smiths and get drinks and chips for our boys to eat with the pizza after the games today. So as usual I was running late and got to the game with only 3 minutes left. We were ahead by 15 pts, when at the 2 minute mark, my husband (the coach) decides it's time to SUB the whole team out and put in the other boys who have not played as much. Everything is ok right 2 minutes left and WE ARE ahead by 15 pts what really can go wrong? RIGHT.. That's right you guessed it 2 minutes left and they catch up, the other team scored 15 pts in only a minute and 10 sec, the coach decides to SUB them out and put the other players in and we end in a TIE.. They inform us that we will play 2 minutes for overtime, we have a jump ball and we get it, we score, they score, we foul, they make their free throws, we foul again, they make their free throws, and you guessed it we LOSS.. I admire my husband for wanting ALL of our Youth boys to play equal time, BUT who wants to LOOSE? I look at my husband and he is making NO eye contact with me because I want to give him the look of "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" But he makes every effort not to make eye contact with me..
Our boys did good and played their hearts out.. Good luck next week boys I'm thinking I should stay home, because if this happens again I'm bound to fight THE COACH... LOL..

3 comments:

Sinai said...

Hilarious! Maybe not the losing part, but I can just hear you telling this story. Poor Jr. Yeah, maybe you should stay home next week...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Well, it is church ball and it is suppose to teach our young men about fair play and sportsmanship. OK.. enough about that...BOOOO on the coach...we want to win...who cares if those bench warmer don't play.. they can sit there and cheer on the team to a win...and afterwards, they can enjoy the spoils of victory.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Loyann, hecka funny! You can't stay away, I'll see you there next week! lol. Oh, and I totally agree with Jeff!