As parents you learn to pick and choose your battles, you learn that in order to get a lot out of your kids you have to give a little, you also learn not to sweat the little things ( a lesson I'm still learning).. That being said...
THE AGREEMENT: Amone Finau my second oldest child, decides he wants to grow his hair out, he wants it to be a FRO first and get it as high as he can and then he wants to dread it.. At first it is so NOT an option and I wont even hear his argument. Then I strike a deal with him, if he want to grow it, then he must have NO F's and be in good standings with all his teachers.. As long as he brings home no F's then I will not touch it.
THE CLAUSES:
1. Grandpa Pouha can override this ruling.. Just because he is Grandpa..
2. No fighting, No getting in trouble of any kind at school.
3. Chores must be done to the best of his ability.
4. No fighting with brothers or sisters.
And we have a deal, and the growing of hair begins.. I want everyone to know that if you have seen my son I HATE his hair. This is where the GIVE a little GET a lot rule comes into play.
After an F in Math, 100 excuses, and many other clauses added to the contract I get
A PHONE CALL: From the assistant principal at Kennedy Jr High informing me that Amone is starting to be very disruptive in the hallways and that him and his friends are starting to cause some trouble in the hallways at lunch and after school. The usual 7th grade stuff like teasing kids, showing up late for classes, talking to much in class she just wanted to let me know before things got out of hand.. I thanked her for the phone call and informed her that the problem would be dealt with that night and that Amone would be a different student in the morning.
THE HAIRCUT: When Amone got home from school the first thing he was informed of was that the deal was done and the hair cut was going to take place later that evening after dinner, he was mad and started making a lot more excuses, I then looked at him and said "I'm done, your getting a hair cut tonight, you have no one to be mad at except yourself."
So there you have it.. I have learned that with kids you have to give a little but when push comes to shove you have to put your PARENT pants on and say enough is enough. I'm sure this wont be the last breech of contract between my kids and I but it has been one of the longest.. And I'm glad it's over..

9 comments:
I love it!!! Love the pics and the new Do!
LOL...Poor Ami!! I liked the Fro....looks pretty stylish!! Sorry Ami that you had to cut your hair!! Love you Loyann!
Oh by the way I wanted to tell you that Maopa and Sione are soooo enjoying Tonga!! They're never coming back. Sione gained all his weight back and he is just so in love with Tonga! Maopa is enjoying her work at Liahona High. She said they had several earthquakes from the volcano eruption but no one was in danger. I think we'll try to go visit them when Sis. Finau returns from her mission. She's going straight to Tonga for her homecoming program. Teki is returning back to the states in June for football. Can Sione quit it and stop living his dreams through Sateki!...lol. Teki loves to sing and track and field. But I guess that's every dad's dream to live through their son's...like my Dad...lol...hoi. Love you Loyann!
Love it. Poor kid. Reading your blog makes me wonder if my son was part of the 'friends' that were disrupting the other kids. Hmmm...I'll have to find out later tonight. Glad you stuck with it. That is something I am learning and not liking but know it will be good in the long run!
wow!!! all that hair gone!!! poor kid but u go with the parentals lol
it must be a phase for guys...both my brothers went through the same thing, and even as adults they have their moments. This is so good to know...I will definitely keep this for my turn kz I'm sure I'll hit this same road when my boys get older!
ok....I get it...
deal or no deal! lol! I agree with you!!! poor kid!
Oh my gosh! I love this post! You go mama!
Post a Comment