Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nerves.

This was a very NERVE racking weekend.. Well just Friday was..
Friday 8/21/09 was the official start of the HIGH SCHOOL football season. Although it was a pre-season game it was still something we have been waiting for.. Kearns High played Hunter High which is our rival. They are not in our region but we were happy to get them for the pre-season.. I was nervous all day Friday I couldn't function I didn't eat (you would think I was the one that was playing lol).. My thoughts were on my oldest son David. This Friday was to be his first high school varsity game. I kept kept being worried because he is so young (15 yrs to be exact) and he would be going up against seniors.. I just didn't want him to get hurt or to be embarrassed in front of everyone. I prayed like crazy that day for the Lord to stay with him and to keep him safe. Man what am I going to be like when he leaves for his mission and college... lol.. Needless to say he did a great job his guy never got through and on defense he got stopped the running back.. I'm so sad to see him grow up so fast but I am proud he is meeting his new challenges head on (literally).. I know he will have a great season, its just the MOM in me that gets nervous. Now that the official 1st varsity game is out of the way we can concentrate on the rest of the year... Man one son down and 3 more to go..

David decided to put his Uncle Davids number on his shoes.. He is in Iraq and will miss this season.. We love you uncle David, cant wait for you safe return..

1 comment:

IONGI FAMILY said...

How sweet of him to put his uncles number on his shoes very cool!!! ur such a great mother!!!