

So you can tell from the title that we are having weight issues.. (and NO its not me..lol)..
My two sons Mone and Sione are running back for their little leagues and every year they have to make the weight to be able to run the ball.. And every year we are on the border of being too heavy.. If that happens then they become linemen and cant run the ball.. So this week we are watching what they eat and they run every morning with bags on.. Mone has to weigh 135 and is at 133 so he is dieting to maintain his weight.. Sione has to be 100 and is 102.5.. So he is dieting so he can make the weight.. I just don't get the whole weight thing. I mean we want the smaller ones to run the ball but we let the heavier ones play line and tackle the smaller ones.. I just don't get why there can be NO weight limit and may the best person for that position no matter what the weight play it. I have an older son who is a linemen, but he gets to hit all the smaller players holding the ball. He says its fun because he can THROW them. Ive seen him play and he does literally throw them. I guess I should be grateful because I know in some states if your to heavy you cant play at all.. I just think we are stressing WEIGHT to much at such a young age.... DON'T YOU?
So here's to fish and vegetable dinners for a week, and water, and more water, and yet more water.. I hope my boys make weight this Thursday.. Maybe I should follow their example and Ill make weight some day.. hahahaha

No comments:
Post a Comment