Some recent conversations Ive had with my teenagers
Mom: David hows football practice
David: Good
Mom: Just good, how is it, what position are you and stuff like that
David: Mom its just good don't worry about it
Mom: Don't worry about it, OK then you can walk to practice since I don't have to worry about it
David: What does that mean
Mom: It means if you don't want me to worry about it then walk
David: I cant walk, why would I walk
Mom: Why because I'm not taking you anymore that's why you would walk
David: OK you win, football practice is fine, I play O line which means offense mom and I play center, and long snap, what else do you want to know so that I can get a ride
Mom: Forget it I don't want to know anymore the moment has passed
David: First you want to know then you don't want to know.. And you say I'm confusing..
See what I mean why cant they just answer and tell you how things are going.
Second conversation
Mom: Mone get ready so we can go sign up for football
Mone: Do I have to play this year
Mom: Yes
Mone: Why?
Mom: What else are you going to do? If you find something else to do then you don't have to play, like join a club a reading club a science club what.. If you don't want to play sports then find something else for you to do.
Mone: Can I join a video game club
Mom: Where is that at
Mone: Here in my living room
Mom: No that is not a club
Mone: Mom I play Halo which means I save the earth from all that is evil.. I will sacrifice my summer and play it so you guys can sleep well at night
Mom: Do you really think I'm going to fall for that
Mone: OK I will play football but I'm not going to try my best
Mom: Oh yes you will
Mone: Dang you HATE me mom,..
If I have to continue to have these kinds of conversations with my kids I might as well call it quits now.. lol..
Lord be with during these teenager years so that we ALL can get through it
Since posts are better with a picture.. Heres one of the age I want them to stay.. Its my baby Teki.. you know the age when everything I Say it RIGHT.. lol

1 comment:
too funny!!! i so dont look foward to this "teenage" stage uhhhhhh
Post a Comment