Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Trying our hand at Wrestling

Like the title says we are trying Wrestling, which really surprises me since none of my boys have tried this sport.. I do have a nephew Aarron who is a 2x state champ.. They (David & Mone) tried out for the team and they both made it, David made varsity and Mone made Jr varsity. I'm just glad they made it, shocked as all HECK seeing as we've never tried it.
But wow it has been an experience for us all. The excitement of one on one combat and the THRILL of knowing that the victory is ALL YOURS or the defeat is due to something LACKING on your part is great, my boys have been involved in some type of sport every season of the year but it has usually been something pertaining to a TEAM situation.. Although BOXING is our family sport that's a given, they have only trained in boxing never competed alone. So this is a first for us.
Our first match was against Matheson Jr high, I was nervous (knowing that my boys would be out there alone) but friends comforted me saying they would be all right and that my boys are athletes and win or loose they would do fine. First came up Mone in the beginning he looked so happy go lucky (typical Mone) but when the whistle of the Ref blew he put his game face on.. 1st round done and Mone is ahead by 11 to 0.. Second round begins and right into it Mone pins his opponent, I screamed like a crazy women, I was so proud of him, his team jumped to help him celebrate and I could see the joy of VICTORY in his face.. So glad that was over but now I had to worry about David, the guy he was going against placed 3rd in district last yr.. Then the match began David pins him in less then a minute, oh my gosh the screaming like a crazy women begins.. I am so proud of the boys they are really liking this whole wrestling thing, and I'm glad they like it and are learning a new sport..(hey whatever keeps them busy is a good thing)..

1 comment:

OMI said...

I just got your message...and of course you are welcome to come to another dinner. They are always a little different depending on the attendees. I will send you an invoice for Feb.!