Saturday, November 1, 2008

Already a LONG WEEKEND

Yesterday was Halloween and the kids were already loaded with candy.. Tuesday was our ward trunk o treat and they filled up there, of course walking around the cars several times helped.. They ended the night with hot chocolate and warm french bread.. Friday was Halloween which started at school with a parade and class parties, again my kids were loaded with stuff... Friday night of course being the main event the kids started trick o treating all of them Amone, Sione, Lelu, Baby David, Raymond and Iman (Baby Teki didnt make the cut and David was too cool to go).. They had only gone for 3 blocks when everyones candy was full.. Seems like our neighborhood kids went elseswhere to trick o treat so everyone was dumping handfuls into the kids bags. LUCKY US.. So Jr brought them home and left the 2 babies with me and took the older ones.. Again after only a little bit they came home with a full bad, same scenerio.. Needless to say everyone was looking for dinner so we ended up at IHOP with a bunch of children in the middle of their sugar rush.. Noone could sit down and noone would stop talking.. After we made it out alive, (I thought for sure they were going to ask us to leave) everyone came home and watched some t.v. and drifted off into sleep one at a time.. Except you guessed it Iman.. Needless to say her and I stayed up until 2:30am..
Saturday started early.. Sione had a football game at 8:30am and had to be on the field an hour prior.. So off we went, No we didnt play in the playoffs we entered the JAG BOWL.. Sione did well he scored 3 times (2 of the touchdowns were called back) we lost by 1pt.. Sione had some LEARNING moments like when he fumbled the ball and got mad at the quarterback so he stood there watching the other team recover the ball... But he did run his heart out and push all the way till the end.. I'm proud of him he played well...
I'm grateful for the kids I have all their talents and all their faults.. I am trying to be a better mom and to understand where they come from and why they do the things they do.. I love each of them and am grateful that Jr and I have some GREAT kids...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be coming for my annual candy from the trick or treatings..just the usual...everything snickers....