




If anyone knows me you all know that I coupon shop.. With the way things are headed with the economy and the job shortages SHAME ON YOU if don't.. I belong to a group of women who call themselves the Cents able Shoppers.. Today we took a break from Seeking out the best deals around town and decided to give back to our community. We all donated to the Utah Food Bank both with food donations and time. We were scheduled to be volunteer from 10am-12pm first we dropped off our food donations then we all headed into the warehouse to help. I took my 3 sons with me I felt like they needed to see that some people are worse off then us. Our group was in charge of the receiving dock which included, greeting donaters with their items, weighing all items, and giving receipts to the people and then sorting ALL that was donated.. Sounds easy but when you get a BIG donation try doing all that so you can clear the docks for the next car/truck waiting in line.. All in all it was a lot of fun. The workers at the Food Bank had never had so much fun with the volunteers we were truly an unforgettable group. We took pictures of everything and everyone. My boys learned that helping is a GOOD thing and that no matter if there is only Ramon Noodles in the house it's better then nothing..
I would like to thank Sinai Pauni for organizing the group to begin with, and a big Thank you goes out to Ati Vainuku and Mare Moala for organizing the FOOD bank project. This is the first time I or my kids have ever done this, I'm grateful for the chance to GIVE BACK even though it didn't seem like it because we couldn't stop laughing..
Thanks again ladies it was a blast..

1 comment:
Just barely getting to your blog. Didn't know you had one. That was so much fun! Glad you brought your boys. Can't wait to drag them out again for another one.
Post a Comment