So it's been an interesting Saturday 10/25... Of course like every Saturday it's a Football day.. Sione played at 9am and despite the efforts of all they could not pull a win out.. Sione however got to play around at nose tackle (I know it's a X man position but for some reason Sione has always wanted to play it) and he loved it, I think next year he is not going to try and make weight because he loves the LINE.. Something about hitting people.. haha..
Next was David, they got to play on the Main field at Skyline High it was exciting for the 9th grade boys to play there, and again another loss for our Jr Team.. David had a great game with several sacks and several tackles on the running back.. I still don't get why Utah has the heavier kids playing only the line position because a 214 lb David hitting a 90 lb kid doesnt make any sense. GO FIGURE..
The last game was Amone he started out kinda down, he couldn't get any yards no matter which way he ran and he still is trying to go HEAD UP with everyone instead of using the speed that he has to beat everyone into the end zone. So into 3rd quarter we go and what happens Amone FUMBLES the ball, he is frustrated I can see it in his eyes and the way his hands go straight up and lays on top of his head.. His coaches pull him out of the game with the usual yelling at him for not holding on to the ball Amone stands on the sideline with his frustration. To my suprise he is sent in because the defense have stopped Skyline from getting a 1st down, so as the quarterback is calling the countdown Amone goes into motion and they hand him the ball (I'm amazed at how many chances this coach gives this kid) He runs for his life he swings out wide and runs up the sideline for a TOUCHDOWN. His team and the crowd go into a loud ROAR.. We are down by 1 point. Then our team decides to go for the 2 point conversion and who do you think they hand it to .... You guessed it Amone.. He fakes right then to the left and finds a wide open hole (Thanks LineMEn) and is in the endzone.. We are ahead by 1.. We go into kick off mode and Skyline has the ball, they fumble and Kearns has it.. There is 1 minute and 40 seconds left of the game, we run some plays and get the 1st down again, then the next play the coaches call a Time out.. They go into a huddle and then they get ready the next play starts the quaterback starts the countdown and I see Amone going into motion he gets the ball and starts to head for the hole it closes and Amone hits the one next to it, next thing we know Amone is sitting in the endzone.. AGAIN can you believe it.. Kearns is up by 7.. We go into Kick off mode and time runs out.. GO COUGARS.. Amone is the hero of the game, and everyone is running to him, he has a Big smile on his face and his jumping in joy to their victory. The look on Amone face is what I have been looking for this whole season, the look of JOY like he knows what he is doing.. Been awhile.. haha
I cant believe the Lord has blessed me with such talented kids.. They don't see the options in their life is going to limitless. (again I am kinda bias seeing as I am the MOM). I pray the Lord stays with them uses them in his WAY.. I hope my kids live a long and happy life and that ALL their dreams come true..
Incase your wondering why I'm up so late after a long day at the field.. Iman is awake watching TV.. Please laugh to yourself.. haha
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Moalafalatea{at}live{dot}com. email me!
Post a Comment