Monday, October 20, 2008

Learning to cope with life

Well another busy weekend has come and gone..
Friday 10/17
Our family had a relaxing day.. The kids didnt have school because of UEA weekend, so I let them sleep in and just lounge.. They have had a busy couple of months so it was just good to Vegetate.. (spelling?).. Friday night our ward had a relief society dance in honor of all the visiting teaching they had done and our youth kids had been asked to do a number that they learned for it.. It was an African number.. The kids of course made every excuse in the book not to go and perform, but we are trying to keep our kids active in church activities that NOT performing was NOT an option.. David seemed ok with performing since he had decided long ago that it was not worth the fight.. But our second son Amone was using every excuse in the book, for those of you who havent had the pleasure of meeting Amone, he is oh how should I put it.. His football coach use to call him the BLONDE bombshell.. He couldnt remember half the stuff you told him off the field but on the field he couldnt be stopped.. Back to the subject.. SO we are sitting there and I am ironing the costumes to be worn and Amone looks at me and asks MOM if I loose this costume can I not be in it.. And I told him Well if you loose it you will just have to perform with out it, but your performing either way.. Then he walks by me and says under his breath WHy are we doing an African Number when I havent even learned a tONGAN number.. After all that HE ended up doing it and it was FUN they had a lot of FUn..
Sat 10/18
We started with the same schedule, getting up to get ready for the football game.. Sione played at 9am and they have some real talent on the team they are just developing it and so they are in a LEARNING period.. Sione scored there only touchdown so we were happy for him. They still came away with a loss. Next game was David he did an awsome job he got 4 sacks and a bunch of tackles but again a loss.. Next was Amone he is finally getting his game back, he has been on a vacation for some time now.. BUt he ran with tackles all around him and he got the first down a lot for his team.. SO he ended up being our only win for the FINAU family.. After we all ended up at home resting and getting away from the sun and the crowd..
Sun 10/19
We didnt go to church today because we went to a Homecoming of my cousins kid Alex Vanisi.. He gave a beautiful talk and you could feel the spirit there testifying that he was a great missionary and that he served the Lord with all his heart.. THat ended with an EATING at the parents house with good food and good company, anytime we get together with family there is always a good time to be had by all..
So I have come to accept the fact that GONE are the lazy weekends where you could leave the world behind and just sit at home with your family.. I know the kids schedule will only get more and more complicated and that this is our life for awhile.. But I am greatful for everyone who has helped us in the past and in the present and for those of you who will help us in the future.. It takes a village to raise a child.. So if we happen to cross your way while we are running around town keep in mind We love you and appreciate you..
Love the Finau Family..

No comments: