





So another busy weekend @ the Finau house..
Saturday has been hectic around here.. The 3 boys playing football at 9am, 12pm and 3pm means we are there from the opening kick off to the actual last play of the day.. Oops forgot to mention my nephew Baby Davids games are at 10:30am.. It seems like just yesterday I was taking just our oldest son David to practice and begging the rest of the boys to sit still and to stop running into Davids practice.. Now they all have teams to call their own. Where did the time go.. By the time Amone played the weather had gone from bad to worse you could see blankets of water being poured upon us as we watched the game... Don't worry Me and my sisters are die hard fans and will sit thru anything.. I kept thinking how funny life is and if you don't pay attention to it it will pass you by.
Then came Sunday.. Of course as we all know it was General Conference, I'm glad to say it was GREAT.. (but then again when isnt it).. I was happy to hear the prophet talk about whats important in life and how we need to take the time for our family and friends, because this past weekend I noticed how so much of my time is spent worrying about STUPID things instead of paying attention to my family, my husband and my children.. So know I'm going to make a goal for the rest of the year (hopefully it turns into a habit for the rest of my life).. To Oh whats the old saying... "Stop and smell the roses".. Pay attention to how fast David is growing (i'm trying to stop that) but watch him grow into a young man.. Pay attention to Amone and how he loves ALONE time with me.. Watch Sione as he tries to prove to his older brothers that he can do anything they can do and he can do it better, give him lots of hugs and kisses because he loves it when I do.. Smile as my daughter Lelu finds something to do with her older brothers and helping her relize that even though they seem to have nothing in common she will always hold a special place in their hearts.. Watch Iman try her hardest to keep up with her big sister Lelu, as she yells across the room for her sister to come and get her or open a door.. Be amazed that we have Baby Teki in our lives and watch him grow up and copy everything his older sibblings do.. He can already dance when he hears music.. And last but not least watch in amazement as my husband gets up everyday and goes to work in the sun, rain, snow or blizzard all the while trusting me to raise the kids and make sure their needs are met..
I am a blessed person I know it and I'm getting a better understanding of it everyday.. I pray the Lord holds my family together forever and that he softens our kids hearts to forgive us (parents) as we make every mistake in the parenting book and not admit to it..

No comments:
Post a Comment