Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today was a day of all days (too busy)



I'm sure I'm just like all moms of the world, busy and busy and then busier.. Today was nothing different..
My health has been a real concern of mine for sometime, I have high blood pressure and it's not getting any better. So I have started going to the gym (again). I've been going for a week and a half doing the treadmill thing and working the abs and then on to some weights.. Today I thought I would try something different YES you guessed it I did a class.. ZUMBA.. All I have to say is WOW.. That is a workout.. I hurt in places I forgot I had. LOL.. Let me just explain something to make the picture that you have in your mind funnier.. I'm the girl out of all my brothers and sisters that can NOT dance.. I cant hold a beat to save my life.. I can do the whole TAUOLUNGA thing and the whole poly dancing thing, but as far as NIGHT CLUB dancing.. I SUCK.. So here I am trying my hand at ZUMBA which is some type of Latin dancing exercise needless to say I kept my own rhythm but not to bad for my first time. The instructor was probably wondering "there is NO way this lady is poly"... LOL..
Needless to say I survived and made it all the way to my couch, and there I laid and laid and laid and laid some more. After getting my knees to forgive me for all that moving around I got up did some laundry and then made some macaroni and cheese for the kiddies.. Then is was off to scouts my son Sione had a Blue and Gold tonight which is always nice.. And also always includes FOOD.. I admit it I ate, and I had some desserts.. (notice the plural). After that I rushed home to take my other son Amone to his basketball game it was at 9pm @ Bennion Jr High. (I know late for a school night, who put this schedule together).. They loss by A LOT.. And now I'm home to 2 coughing babies and a sick (just don't want to help with the babies) husband..
Now can I say "Colgon Take Me Away"....

2 comments:

Sinai said...

You are such a trooper Loyann! Glad you stuck it out. It's not too bad aye? Over time it gets easier. Trust me, you should have seen me the first month I was going. I'm still out of breath, but having a good time which is the most important thing (along with your health). My husband is trying to change his eating habits and exercise more too - he's got high blood pressure as well.

And girl, don't even feel guilty for eating. You should see some of the things I eat.

Keep it up though! You're doing good!

Anonymous said...

What?!?...you told me it was arobics...not ZUMBA dance lessons...oh, that is too funny...no wonder you took the next day off...that should teach you not to be so Flash dance so soon in the work out game...but, hang in there and all will be rewarded...maybe, you should take some wrist and leg weights, when you do all that walking, when your doing all that couponing?...hahahahahah...ZUMBA?...really?....tooo funny..good job sis.