Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DR FOB


My son Sione is my (how should I put it) rambunctious son. He is always ALL UP in your face. My two babies don't like when he comes near them I think it's the fact that they are scared of him because he is a busy body..
The point of that little insight is:
My husband took Sione to basketball practice one night and apparently after practice he was talking with the parents outside while the boys were having a snow ball fight. One of the boys went to throw a snowball at Sione and he took off running, hitting ice and sliding into a handicap sign it ended up cutting him and knocking a tooth out (hence the tooth fairy story below), when they got home my beloved husband tries to put a regular band aid on it and it fills with blood in an instant. He calls me and tell me the story and I tell him to take Sione into the ER so he can get it looked at. Wouldn't you know it the leg was cut was clear to the bone 8 stitches to close it. The Dr then tells my husband NO BASKETBALL for 12 days and to bring it back in to have the stitches removed.
13 days later
I remind my husband to take the boy to get them taken out because he has basketball practice that night my husband says ok in a minute so I wait, and wait, and wait next thing I know Sione comes out of the room with NO STITCHES, and a big GRIN and says lets go mom, I'm ready.. I look at his leg there is a big scar not only where the cut happened but also where the stitches were. My husband says only GIRLS go and get the stitches out so my son wants to be a man and allows his dad to cut the stitches off (oh just so you know my husband has so many scars on his legs that is a good thing he has dark skin). I laugh and say well whats done is done, I told my husband well we should just get rid of the insurance then since you can do all the Dr stuff yourself, and my boys yell heck ya he is DR FOB.. LOL

3 comments:

Sinai said...

Too funny. I guess 'cause I can relate, but I think I'm Dr. FOB. I would have taken Gideon's stitches out myself (which Haloti and I did with the other kids)but since it was in his lip and were small, didn't want to chance anything, so we took him in to see how stitches are really pulled out. If I had one of the kids they had, I for sure would have taken 'em out myself.

Nau Willis said...

holy crap!!! yeah Dr. Fob for sure!!! send me you email so I can invite you to my blog!!!luvs girl!!!

Nau Willis said...

oops my email is waynenau@hotmail.com!