Thursday, December 25, 2008

CHRISTMAS DAY






Well another Christmas Day has come and gone.. And again I'm left with the thought of Where did the time go.
Our Christmas morning started WAY before the kids woke up.. My helper David stayed up to help wrap things and to help with the two babies. Jr went to bed after taking some medicine he has a tooth ache that is KILLING him.. ( I think he just didnt want to wrap). LOL..
The kids woke up right after I finally got to bed, so it seems like I just clolsed my eyes and they were trying to wake me up so they could OPEN their presents, I stalled as long as I could but decided that I better get up because I was not going to get any sleep anyway because of the nagging of the children.
We started opening gifts and the boys quickly began to realize that Lelu had WAY more gifts then they did. I explained that the big one for the boys was to be opened last after all other gifts, Lelu of course loves the spotlight so she opened each gift as slow as she could commenting on each gift and then looking at the boys. I finally realized her game she was playing and told her to HURRY.. She got to her last gift and opened a Nintendo DS.. She jumped with glee for that was her TOP of the list request.. Now the grand finale both Sione and Amone started tearing the BIG gift for them and there it was right in front of both of them X BOX 360... A item that had been on the top of their list for 2 years now.. They could always play Uncle Siones but now it was their own.. The look on their faces were priceless.. Then it all seemed worth it, the staying up to wrap, the NO sleep just to watch them.. SO WORTH IT..
I've decided that next year we as a family are going to work more on the GIVING of the Christmas spirit.. My kids are older so they will understand the lesson being taught to them.. We are going to do the 12 days of Christmas but instead of giving each other gifts we are going to do SERVICE PROJECTS each day.. And then as gifts to each other instead of buying we are going to offer a service to each other ie.. a day of doing their chores, or a day of cooking for them, something like that.. I want them to know HOW much can be done with NO money, that doing service is worth so much more then anything else..
Well from our family to yours I hope you had a Merry Christmas and We wish you a Happy New Year...
Love
The Finau Family

3 comments:

Sinai said...

You're kids are so lucky! That's what my boys wanted - the XBOX 360 or PS3. Was close to getting it for them but they ticked me off and had to settle for something less...oh well, still was fun. But like you, next year is going to be different. I think the project just set the tone for me and next year we'll definitely be doing our own family. Love the idea of 12 days of service!

Unknown said...

oh wow..looks like your kids
had a field day with their
wonderful gits that Santa
brought them:)Hope this
year brings you and your
family much love, laughs
and abundant prosperity..

God Bless..Maopa

Seini Photography said...

Loyann,
You are so sweet and thank for all the compliments you leave on my photog...seriously, its so nice to get feedback and I appreciate your input. Also thanks for your insight with the tooth fairy....yeah the last thing we need is to encourage our kids to cash us out dry..:) Love your goals! Much luv girl!