Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not a boy but not yet a man...


Last Thursday Nov 4Th was my son Davids 16Th birthday.. Man I cant believe how time has flown.. 16yrs I encountered a lot of 1st... My 1st time feeling labour pains, my 1st natural delivery, my 1st time feeling so much pain, and then quickly forgetting everything while I held my newborn baby son in my arms.. And the most important 1st was that of feeling such unconditional love for someone I just met the kind of love that can only happen between mother and child.. My son David is my oldest son, he holds a lot on his shoulders, I always talk with my husband at night and say David seems like he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.. I don't like thinking of him like that. I want to him to live life and to beat it at its own game.
For his birthday gift we allowed him to go to California and watch his cousins play and hang out with them.. This was to be his 1st time flying alone. I went to drop him off at the airport and I asked him if he wanted me to walk him to the gate, he laughed and said No I'm alright. I then asked him if he wanted me to check him in at the curb and then he could go into the airport alone, he smiled and said OK if you want to.. I pulled up checked him in and with a quick hug and a I love you mom.. He walked away, with a quick look back.. He was off on what was to be his 1st of many adventures without his mom..
I pray the Lord keeps him safe from harm and that he knows the Lord is there for him, even if he thinks hes to old for his mom.. I pray he never looses his smile in his eyes, or his trust in the world. I pray he keeps his I CAN DO IT attitude.. I pray he always remembers his talents and uses them always, and thanks the Lord for them always.. I pray someday when the time comes I CAN let him go, and let him experience his 1st falls in the world, which will only make him stronger.. I pray when he looks back to see me I'm always there.. I pray he never stops looking back to see me.. My final prayer is that he ALWAYS knows how much his mommy loves him and that in a heart beat I would give up everything for him..
Happy Birthday My Son David... I couldn't of asked for a better son to start my family with.. Daddy and Mommy love you so much...

No comments: